Male Pattern Baldness
Male Pattern Baldness starts around the temple or at the crown of the head and is a sign of early hair loss. A few men will get a solitary bare spot, while others encounter their hairlines subsiding to frame a “M” shape. In a few men, the hairline will keep on receding until the point when all or the vast majority of the hair is lost.
What is Trichology?
Men and women of various age groups face hair loss problems or alopecia and they keep looking for effective remedies. More often than not, hair loss also becomes a common ground for loss of self-confidence, depression and loss of interest in life. Hair, undoubtedly are one of the prominent features of our appearance that define our looks. Once we start losing them, we face distress. Unattractive looks cause emotional and psychological dilemmas too.
What are the common reasons to hair loss problem?
The reasons behind hair loss for men and women could be varied. Prominent reason being age, there are other factors that affect the health of hair and these are:
- Medicine Side-effects
- Heredity Problems
- Drug Therapies for Health Issues
- Deteriorating Health
- Hormonal Changes
- Extreme Sun Exposure
- Scalp Diseases
While markets are flooded with hair fall remedies in various forms, Trichology offers hair fall remedies that work wonders and make sure you receive the best results from any of the therapies you resort to. Different therapies work differently while increasing the blood flow in the scalp or inhibiting the enzyme action which causes hair fall or promoting the growth of dormant hair follicles.
Here are three major therapies that we use to treat acute hair fall problems and make sure that our patients go back smiling.
PRP – Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy
One of the breakthrough therapies in medical science, PRP therapy helps to promote wound healing and lessening the postoperative infection, pain and blood loss. It is an autologous preparation of platelets in concentrated plasma which is known to be used for as therapeutic application in medical fields such as orthopedic, dental, aesthetic, plastic surgery and dermatology.
How does PRP Therapy help in hair loss treatment?
- The working mechanism behind PRP therapy is the degranulation of the alpha granules in the platelets.
- Alpha granules are known to release several important growth factors that work on stem cells in the bulge area. These growth factors stimulate the roots of hair follicles, causing re-development and hair growth.
- It is safe procedure as the platelets are extracted from patients own blood.
- Using a special microneedle, the concentrated plasma is injected into the areas affected by hair loss or baldness.
- It is proving to be one the most effective non-surgical procedures for the treatment of hair fall.
- This protocol involves multiple sittings with a gap of 4-8 weeks. Patients see appreciable improvement in 5-6 sessions.
LLLT – Low Level Laser Therapy
This is again a non-invasive procedure for effective treatment of alopecia in men and women. Popularly known as cold laser therapy or soft laser therapy, this treatment is devoid of any heat producing techniques or UV radiations. It is also a painless procedure and produces no discomfort allowing the patients to resume normal life immediately after the procedure.
How LLLT work for alopecia?
- This therapy is directly delivered to the scalp of the patient using a device which emits low level light or laser rays, while the patient sits in a comfortable position.
- The therapy takes about 30 minutes to complete.
- This therapy stimulates and promotes cellular activity which heals the damaged tissues making provision for hair growth.
- It is known to prevent further hair fall too.
- It helps to stimulate growth phase in resting hair follicles making them alive for hair strands.
- It also prevents premature growth cessation.
- There are no side effects produced by this therapy and it is also approved by FDA.
These three therapies at Trichology are known to bring the best result to the patients fighting alopecia. Stimulated hair growth and a boosted self-confidence is what patients get, once the therapies are over.