Vitiligo, pronounced as Vi-til-eye-go is a not so rare skin condition, in which skin loses its pigment and pale white patches start to appear on the skin in various parts. It is an autoimmune disorder which happens due to the loss of melanin (color generating agent) in the skin. This skin disorder usually affects the face, neck, hands and various other skin folds. It may also affect hair and eye color too. Effective Vitiligo is now available at SG Dermatology. Dr.Sumit Gupta, the practicing dermatologist renders absolute consultation and treatment to distressed patients. If not painful or discomforting, Vitiligo can be quite distressing as the patients lose their appearance and self-esteem.
The probable areas where Vitiligo attacks are:
- Face (around mouth, eyes and on the forehead)
Here are a few myths busted about the Vitiligo, which commonly people believe in but are not true at all.
- Vitiligo attacks only people with dark skin
- People with Vitiligo symptoms are often troubled with other physical and mental disabilities.
- Vitiligo can be predicted before it happens.
- Vitiligo is associated with other skin defects and skin cancer
- People get Vitiligo skin because they are born of mixed-race parents.
- You may get Vitiligo by consuming certain food items like a combination of fish & milk, or sour food items
- Vitiligo can get worse by consuming certain food items.
- Ointments, oils, skin supplements and herbal medicines offer effective treatment for Vitiligo.
- Vitiligo is contagious; other people can catch it by coming in contact.
- Vitiligo only attacks the exposed
Here are some important facts about Vitiligo and Vitiligo treatment.
- Vitiligo is not contagious at all. Dr. Sumit Gupta shares a lot of important information related to the disease in his consultation session. One can never get Vitiligo from another patient. It is not infectious.
- Dr. Sumit Gupta offers various treatments and remedies to sustain and camouflage the patches. These therapies include UV light therapy, skin grafting, de-pigmentation of surrounding skin, steroids and other medications.
- It can affect anyone, irrespective of race and gender, however, it becomes prominent in people with darker skin.
- It is not a side-effect or associated disorder of cancer or leprosy.
- It does not give birth to other disorders. In fact, people suffering from Vitiligo may be suffering from other autoimmune disorders like such as Hypothyroidism, Alopecia Areata, and Adrenocortical Insufficiency.
- It is not a lifestyle disease. Food or other daily life factors have nothing to do with it.
- The prediction is difficult. However, the problem is progressive and the patches keep spreading to other areas, over time.
People already suffering from Vitiligo or someone noticing the early symptoms must visit Dr. Sumit Gupta, the Top Dermatologist to get an effective Vitiligo Surgery.