We all seem to know at least one woman with the skin to die for and we keep wondering about her secrets to that dazzling face! Are you also dying to know the exact secrets behind that healthy, glowing, vibrant skin tone?
Well, here are the 10 tips from the best dermatologist that can help you replenish your skin this summer and keep it shinning like a light bulb.
- YOU MUST remove your makeup before you go to bed and that too with the right cleanser perfect for your skin type, be it oily, dry, or medium. Cleaning and nurturing the pores with right cleanser is the best way to keep the clogged dirt and infections away from skin.
- Drink plenty of clear liquids such as water, coconut water, lime water etc. to keep your skin hydrated through the day. Water is specifically an elixir to skin. 8-10 glasses a day are going to change your skin for better. Try it to witness its boons.
- Maintain a healthy diet to eliminate the natural barriers of the skin and to help it retain essential moisture. Omega-3 fatty acids and protein intake is a sure shot way to a healthy, glowing skin. Flaxseeds, walnuts, eggs, greens and pulses are rich sources of all. Best dermatologist can vouch by these skin diets.
- Moisturize your skin often and two important times to do that are; right after the shower and right before you go to bed. Choose the best moisturizer for your skin type. Oil based or water based. Make sure you avoid the moisturizers with heavy scents and it should feel light on your skin. Sticky and greasy moisturizers are not a good bet for summers.
- Keep your fingers away from your face throughout the day. It isn’t a good practice to touch your face every now and then. You are not helping anything else but just transferring hand bacteria to your facial skin and worsening the situation for you.
- Do not use too many cosmetic products. Stick to one or two good products of good brands to cleanse, moisturize and pamper your skin. A plethora of different skin products leads to clogged pores and painful breakouts. This is an important tip from the expert and best dermatologist.
- Wear a sunscreen every day whenever you step out. Make it an imperative in summers if you want that flawless skin. Do that while driving, while traveling in a flight, inside your office and while drinking a coffee. You are definitely keeping the visible signs of aging away.
- Avoid direct sun exposure in every possible way. Wear a hat, a scarf, sun shades or carry an umbrella, but you must keep the sun rays blocked if you wish that bright and supple skin in summers. Sun rays cause inflammation and burn the upper layer of skin too bad.
- Exfoliate at least once a week. You need to have a good exfoliating scrub as per your skin type to remove the dead cells and rejuvenate the skin. Averagely, we lose about 50million skin cells a day, which should not be staying on the face for long, as they make skin look sullen and puffy. Best dermatologist recommends exfoliation every week. If your skin is sensitive or if you are suffering from eczema, avoid excessively.
- Sleep enough. A minimum of 7-8 hours of sleep, especially during the night would give your skin the rest and time to replenish itself. Not enough sleep results in tiredness on the face, puffiness, pigmentation and breakouts every now and then.
Do these and see yourself smiling throughout the summers, with the skin that you always dreamed of. Says qualified and best dermatologist.